Wanting to speed up laptop, what matters more?

Plaguetree

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Hello, I want load times in league of legends to be faster, I also want snappier internet browsing and faster application load times. Most of those, though, is the league of legends load times (for those unfamiliar with the game, you join a lobby with 9 other people, then all at once connect to the game together and you get to watch others load times as well as yours, and the game can't start until the slowest person is done).

I have 25mbps internet speed.

I want to know if getting 4 more gigs of RAM will do anything, if so, where will I see performance increase? What will a SSD do for me in regards to the load times into the game? I know it'll increase app load times. Ty

This is my laptop: http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/C2K91UA

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Before buying anything, what's likely causing your laptop to slow down is outdated drivers. I'd heavily suggest backing up your data, download the updated drivers from HP's website, then reformat your HD and do a clean install of Windows and load NOTHING but the drivers and see if that doesn't clear things up.

oerba

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

my friend has a similar laptop with that processor. theres nothing to be done. the a8 loads programs and games that way

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Whenever I get a new laptop (I just got a Lenovo Y500 last month), the first thing I do is always wipe the HD and do a clean install. It takes out all the bloatware and junk software that way. Otherwise I have to go through Add / Remove programs and manually delete all the junk software.

Plaguetree

Honorable
May 25, 2013

So 8 gigs vs 4 gigs wont do anything? and a ssd vs a 5400rpm wont do anything?

g-unit1111

Distinguished

An SSD would speed things but first the thing to do is go into the Add / Remove programs box and start taking out any junk software loaded onto your laptop that isn't a driver. Chances are good that something came pre installed that's causing your system slow down.