Warning: Social Networks Leaking Your Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I think some people are a little too paranoid. Suppose some random company across the globe somewhere DOES find out your age, D.O.B and where you live. It doesn't mean all of a sudden you are, i don't know, being stalked, likely to be murdered? Email addresses and telephone numbers i agree should not get out, but i don't see what harm can come from finding out details such as your date of birth.
Just my thought on the matter.

G

tell us something new...same with webmails yahoo,gmail,hotmail,etc,etc...even this page... LOL

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
yeah i've been aware of this for awhile now. I've noticed how all the ads on my Facebook are related to the groups i've joined, people I've become fans of, things I like etc.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]NoScript is your friend.[/citation]
Indeed it is, but I also don't have accounts or profiles on any social networking sites so they are out of luck :p

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]NoScript is your friend.[/citation]
I don't think the Internet is usable anymore without noscript and adblock. Even sites like Toms is covered unnecessary scripts.

mirkos

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Really??? They are selling our info??? Damn!!! maybe I shouldn't have given my credit card and social number.... :)

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I doubt the vast majority of people even using these sites cares much. You can search just about any teenage girls page and find practically naked pictures of herself all over it. So oh well.

Don't even put it on the internet if you dont' want it seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.