Question Warranty repair, how to backup EVERYTHING before sending it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricpaul

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2014
I have read a lot, but many threads refer to ADB/APK, which is, I thought, long since obsolete. When googling on threads from the last year, it just talks about backing up photo's and messages.

I want to make an image of the phone that I can put back if I get it back from the repair. instead of spending hours and hours on putting all relevant apps back.

Best match I found was an app called mobikin.

Will this work as advertised? Are there better options that I have (obviously) missed?

Phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6, 64GB (pretty full so a 50GB limit in the backup software won't work) and not rooted

Last edited:

ricpaul

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2014
PC (WIN10). Thanks for the link, if it works, that would be exactly the (simple) solution I managed to miss ;)

EDIT: I cannot do anything with that software with my Redmi Note7 unless I update it (the Note7) first. The thing is a few months old, why do I need an update already? (retorical question...) Partly because of a failed windows-installation just last month (computer got past bootsequence) that wiped every bit of personal information from the harddisc after specifically clicking "keep all files n personal folders" when reinstalling W10, I am not worlds biggest fan of reinstalling/updating software, but I guess I will have no choice.

EDIT2: The Note6 with the warranty issue is my daughters, hence me using both (Note6 and Note7) numbers.

Last edited:

ricpaul

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2014
Connected the Note6 pro, same malarky about needing to update the phone first. So we looked at available updates for the system (and also for apps): none available.
(n)

Let's just say that software and me are not friends. And haven't been since I forgot to plug in the 16k expansion module on my dad's ZX81 and ran out of space and I couldn't even save the program I was writing.

All personal data has been backed (by using it as a USB stick and whatsapp to Google-drive) and she made a list of apps she'd like to install.

Thanks @ pkcable for the good tip that unfortunately didn't work as hoped or expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.