Question Watching Live TV from TV Instead of Tablo

May 3, 2019
I recently purchased a Tablo Dual Lite to work with my OTA antenna & TV. While watching live TV through the Tablo, there is an annoying delay when selecting a channel and when changing channels, so I want to watch live TV through the TV tuner and just use the Tablo when I want to record. However, since the antenna attaches to the Tablo, I can't watch live TV directly from the TV anymore. To do this, would I have to have a signal splitter from the antenna with a separate cable to the TV. Or perhaps a separate antenna attached directly to the TV? I have a pretty long run for the antenna cable already, so I'm a little worried about splitting the signal.

May 3, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try a passive splitter first (I think I have one laying around here somewhere) and see if the signal drops off too much. Then if that doesn't work, investigate the amplified.

Is a distribution amplifier the same as what I've seen called an "in-line" amplifier?

I also read somewhere that if you don't need an amplified signal, adding one can actually damage your system. I'm about 35 miles from the towers. Is this type of amplifier smart enough not to amplify if it's not needed? Or am I off in fantasy land right now?