Weak wifi signal

Carnag

Commendable
May 12, 2016
My laptop WiFi signal is weak, it used to be able to connect to the WiFi at the same spot I'm using it now with no problem but after I spent a month using it at a closer range, I returned it to where it was and it stopped reaching it. I don't understand why, same thing happened with an older laptop we had, it stopped reaching the place we used it at after using it somewhere else. It worked fine too, it was fast and everything. Even my Xbox reaches it from the same spot, hell even my phone reaches the WiFi from outside our apartment! I tried rearranging my room but it didn't work, it works fine a couple steps away in another room but not in my room... Any help? Any ways to at least increase signal strength?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, do a power cycle with the modem and router.
- Turn off both the Modem and Router for a second or unplug them from the wall.
- After several seconds, plug them back and and wait until all the lights are back to normal.
- Once done, do test if your laptop will get better signal from it now.
- If it will still not work, uninstall/reinstall the Wifi adapter of the laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work, I would suggest reinstalling Windows as well as your last option.