Wearable Tech: Americans Interested but Doubtful, Poll Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
In my opinion, wearable tech is stupid. Bluetooth ear pieces being the exception. I guess we have to call them ear pieces or ear sets now. Headsets aren't specific enough with products like Google Glass on the way.

People were criticized for looking at their watches too often or at inopportune times, like when someone is speaking to you.

People were criticized for looking at their phones too often.

Now people will be looking at their watch that tells them to look at their phone.

With Google Glass, more and more people will be staring off into space, saying "huh?" all the time.

I can't wait for wide adoption of wearable tech, if I were a pickpocket.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't really think that 'smart watches' are really going to take off, at least in their current incarnation. Having a dedicated device just to notify you when you need to look at another device is pretty pointless.

That being said, I think that augmented reality (e.g. Google Glass) is going to change the world even more than cellphones already have.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Yea, not at all interested. Nothing more dorky then someone wearing an earpiece now.... utter loser is all I think when I see that. These watches and glasses are equally stupid and a waste of money. Not for me anyway.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Please look at the picture the glasses are slanted to the heavy side.
They don't fold, at least the one I've seen don't.
They leave marks on your nose.
Just how long can you look up and to the right before it tires out your eye muscles and gives you a headache?
Will your eyestay like that after long term use? Hello OptiGrab.

And... last but not least they are ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.