Web Designer Claims to Own 84% of Facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]"access to a wesite" wait what is a wesite?[/citation]

You haven't heard? It's the next big thing, the Facebook Killer.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]gellert[/nom]Zuckerberg will hire insane lawyers and they will oen this guy...shouldn't really be worried[/citation]

Im not worried. Because I dont use facebook.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I agree with others questioning why he waited so long before starting litigation. The only reason I can think of, is that he thought if he waited long enough, the website would be worth something. I honestly don't care whether the contract is true or not. I hope this guy fails on the sheer principle that he trolled until he could get something monetary out of his claim. It's this kind of BS that makes me hate the American Law and Court system. It's all about greed here.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
If he didn't write and deliver code used by Facebook then he has no claim. If Facebook was created using code he actually wrote then there may be a claim.

He still should have acted on that claim a long time ago.

G

For the people who says he should of acted on the claim years ago:
Maybe he didn't think facebook would become successful.

I honestly don't care who owns facebook only thing I use it for is because my guild on world of warcraft has a page that's never updated.

G

How long he waited does not matter. So long as he is within the statute of limitations, it is irrelevant. You are allowed by law to wait as along as you legally want. That is why there are statues of limitation.

As for the contract, it appears enforceable. It may not be "fair" but here in America we have something called freedom to contract. The law does not protect people against their own stupidity.

The real question is: once facebook shuts down where are the stalkers, child molesters, and other sickos going to congregate?

Status
Not open for further replies.