Webcam getting turned on for no reason

TheMitjaX

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
So the problem is I was playing a game and I wanted to use bandicam to record it but then it said that it can't record sound and I kept trying and wanted to fix it and before that my computer has been changing battery usage options for no reason at all it kept changing to High Performance Power Plan. After I noticed the bandicam problem where I couldn't record sound I have found another problem that my webcam is turned on for no reason... then I noticed that it gets turned off randomly on and off and when I press f10 it creepily gets turned on can someone help me?' I can't disable the webcam because it says that I need to re-boot my laptop but I'm worried that something is wrong.

TheMitjaX

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
After I had closed bandicam the webcam also closed itself for no reason. When I open the full screen mode game it goes straight into high performance power plan. After I close bandicam everything seems to be fine... so can someone tell me what is going on why is bandicam causing to change my power plan and why does it turn on webcam?? Also I want to record with bandicam so I'm not sure what to do.. Actually it still changes power plan to high performance power plan without bandicam being opened but webcam doesn't get turned on.

TheMitjaX

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

Today I have been using bandicam for years and I'm pretty sure it's not harmful like you said it was. So let's being today I did the exact same thing. Opened bandicam opened the same game I was playing yesterday that this happened and boom when I opened it .. it changed to high performance power plan and I pressed f10 in game (that is the button for recording in bandicam I forgot to mention it yesterday and yes it does record sound now) and out of game but webcam didn't get turned on. I had also tried the same thing without bandicam running. I mean before webcam didn't get turned on if bandicam wasn't running but the power plan did get changed though. Then I noticed something I had noticed yesterday but I wasn't thinking anything about avast antivirus having to do with it since it's a security program. But yesterday bandicam has been adding games to it's game list. I have had avast installed for a very long time so I didn't know why it took it this long to add games to it's game list. I was trying to find this game list yesterday but I haven't thought the problems were caused by bandicam today I had found where it is and I disabled gaming mode. So I'm 100% the power plan problems were caused by avast antivirus but I'm not sure about the webcam. I had also run Malwarebytes but it hasn't found anything.