Webcam SPW-229 350K pixel, Spee-Shangai Industrial Co.,Ltd

May 17, 2018
Gentlemen, It's about a webcam (SPW-229 350K pixel, Spee-Shangai Industrial Co.,Ltd) that I never used, and the system requirements on its box says - Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/NT/XP. Would there be a way to use this webcam in Windows 10?

Thank you very much. Personal info removed

Many thanks again.

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Floripaplayer,

I will be happy to assist you today. As you said that "will it be able to run in win 10?" I would say "Yes". In the box they are saying that it is compatible with "Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/NT/XP". You can use webcam on Win 10 also one thing more "Win 10 is an upgraded version of Win XP".

If you are experiencing any problems then just please reply to this thread I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

May 17, 2018

Is there anything to do about being plug & Play or not?

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Floripaplayer,

I will be happy to assist you again. When you bought a webcam there will be a plug and play device (It is a USB wire that is connected with a PC). If not then you would have received a Bluetooth or a wireless receiver device to connect your webcam with your PC.

If this thread doesn't help then please reply to this thread once again and I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

May 17, 2018

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Floriapaplayer,

I will be happy to assist you once again. As you said it is appearing as an unknown device in the device manger, you can download the latest version of that device from it's original site. This will help you to solve your problem.

If you are still experiencing any problem I would recommend you to download IO-bit Driver booster (It will update each of your driver automatically). Hence still experiencing problem then just reply to this thread I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

May 17, 2018

May 17, 2018

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Floripaplayer,

It was a great pleasure for helping you and taking my time out for you. I'm happy that your problem is solved.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

USAFRet

Illustrious

"You can use webcam on Win 10 also one thing more "Win 10 is an upgraded version of Win XP"

umm.....that is actually 100% incorrect.

USAFRet

Illustrious

"Driver booster" is actually a really, really bad idea.