Weird Static Noise

Shady_

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hi. So I've been having this problem with my PC recently, it started about a week before upgrading to Windows 10 (From Windows 7). Whenever I start a game, my headphones emit this static noise after about 5-10 minutes of playing, raising in volume until it finally cuts the audio completely. Upgrading to Windows 10 fixed it for a few days, but it came back, acting the same way as before. But it only happens with some games, such as Counter Strike, or Metal Gear Solid V. With others, such as Skyrim, it doesn't start up with the static as long as I don't have the Steam Overlay open.

Google Chrome works fine, with no static sound, it's only when I start up a game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers, but nothing has changed. It was tolerable at first, but I cannot play many of my games because of this. I really hope someone can help me resolve this issue.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Next to do is to perform a clean install of the graphics card driver as well.
- Go back to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once installed then test it again.
- If all these will not work, I would suggest trying a different Headphone or speakers first and see if that will work or not.