What about SAMSUNG NP300V3A?

gaccus

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Anyone having this little 13" i3 baby?

Want to buy this one, but it seems noone in the world have tested it. I'm specially interrsted in the real life batterylife. And does it have any hidden hick-ups?

TOops

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Hi gaccus,
I have one of these in my hand, battery life isn't that good.
If you plan to use it under linux (like me), you can't take advantage of optimus right now, which drop down the battery life to about two hours.

Otherwise, screen is very good, keyboard and body ok even if it's a bit heavy.

gaccus

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Thanks for your reply.

I bought one today, so to bad about the battery. I'll try it myself and return it if it's as bad in windows.

Rpichardo

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I bought the Samsung NP300V3A-A01 from Amazon recently, the CPU is an i5 not i3. The speed is the best so far from a notebook on this price level!

The plastic used for the housing feels a bit too plastic but it's some what ok as it's flexible where it needs to be and sturdy as well.

About the battery? I use the Windows 7 Premium that came with it, and I can tell you that it lasts as described 100%! It's the real McCoy!

The notebook is NOT heavy unless you plant to hold it with your hands for long (which makes no sense to me to go about that route) as you work on it.

The graphics are WOW and WOW! The speed is also that WOW!

I don't use Linux, so I can't tell you how it performs on that OS.

The notebook comes with a DVD-RW, which all the specs and descriptions fail to point out, but I wasn't really looking for one in the first place.

If you have any questions about anything on this notebook let me know!