What are some good upgradable $500 ultrabooks?

Sol33t303

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
I'm potentially looking into buying a new laptop. I don't care about things that can be upgraded in the future (such as RAM and HDD), but I want an ultrabook that has a decent construction, a decent screen and a good CPU. Thunderbolt 3 would also be nice. Are there any ultrabooks that fit those criteria?

Solution

Sol33t303

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

Like I said it would be nice if it had thunderbolt 3 but I didn't expect any to have it. When I was referring to things like good build quality I was more referring to good build quality compared to other ultrabooks in that price range, I probably should have clarified that. Also other than a decent CPU I don't really mind if the rest of the specs are bad as I will probably be able to replace things like RAM in the future (presuming it's not soldered on). I have my desktop if I ever need to do anything really intensive. The ultrabook is mostly just going to be something that I use for highschool which is why I would like it to be an Ultrabook and why I don't really want to spend a lot on it. If my budget is still too strict than what would be a good budget for the kind of laptop i'm looking for?

zoltan.boese

Notable
Jan 30, 2018

There is budget 2015 model from Acer. The ultrabook comes with one empty RAM slot an i5 and you can place a second m.2 SSD into it as well. It might cost more than $500 in your region:
Acer Aspire V3-371-303V
Test

Solution

Sol33t303

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

Strangely I can't seem to find it on any websites here in Australia, I even searched it on amazon and nothing came up. Other than that it seems like it would be good for me (though it's CPU is a bit weak, I was atleast hoping for skylake but thats fine).