Question What are your favorite password managers?

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
Hey folks,

While nothing on the market yet is able to give you total immunity from security breaches, there are some very commonly discussed measures we can all take to be as safe as possible.

Having very complicated passwords is one way to protect your accounts, but it's impossible to memorize random strings of characters that are also unique for each site. Thus, the rise of password managers.

What password manager are you using and why?

Hopefully some folks who haven't yet discovered the joy of password managers may find reasons here to take the plunge. Personally, I've used LastPass and 1Password. Both worked great for my needs, but I swapped over to 1Password exclusively last year since I was having trouble getting LastPass to populated passwords into sites via my smartphone.

We'd love to get your thoughts on password managers, so chime in and share your knowledge!

Apr 1, 2020
I am what you might call a power user, so I use keepass. But I don't use that because it's offline of free or open source or any of the other benefits, only one reason keeps me using keepass: it's the only password manager where I don't need to type my master password in any of my devices. Let me explain.
I use Google drive to sinc the database and in all my devices I can use biometrics to access my database. Windows 10, Android, Mac and iOS. In fact, it's the windows part that's most important to me. I wrote a plugin called WinHelloUnlock so I can use my face scanner to unlock my windows database. And let me tell you, this is the ONLY way I've found in windows to go into a website in chrome, have a prompt to scan my face, hit ok and have everything filled up.

Reactions: jsimenhoff
Apr 4, 2020
Hey folks,

While nothing on the market yet is able to give you total immunity from security breaches, there are some very commonly discussed measures we can all take to be as safe as possible.

Having very complicated passwords is one way to protect your accounts, but it's impossible to memorize random strings of characters that are also unique for each site. Thus, the rise of password managers.

Hopefully some folks who haven't yet discovered the joy of password managers may find reasons here to take the plunge. Personally, I've used LastPass and 1Password. Both worked great for my needs, but I swapped over to 1Password exclusively last year since I was having trouble getting LastPass to populated passwords into sites via my smartphone.

We'd love to get your thoughts on password managers, so chime in and share your knowledge!

I use 1Password and have for many years. It syncs automatically among my iPhone, MacBook, and iPad. Keychain and Safari have their own synced versions on the devices. All three have password generators which can be adjusted by length and permitted symbols. They save new passwords automatically also. Other password managers probably do the same. For me 1Password is familiar and works without a problem.

T2Jock

Great
Jan 15, 2020
I’m using 1Password as well. I’ve been using it for years, across my MacBook, ipad and iPhone. It now works with the fingerprint sensor on my mobile devices so it’s a piece of cake.

Mar 31, 2020
Another vote for 1Password. I have it installed on a couple of Macs, my phone and my wife's phone, our tablets, and my Win pc at home and at work. I like the secure notes section and the ability to share passwords with my wife and daughter. I've used it for years and have never had any problems with it and have never heard a compelling reason to switch to any other passwd manager. I know there are others out there with similar features, but again, nothing compelling to switch from what I already have setup everywhere.

Apr 8, 2020
Hey folks,

Google Chrome, Saves password locally, feels more secure than having in on the web

Apr 8, 2020
A password book - a small address book that sits in a location in my office at home. Most of my passwords have a prefix that I don't write down. I've demoed a few virtual solutions, but they just don't seem to work for me - and they usually mean more junk mail or popping up and bugging me.

Reactions: DiarroAmarotti

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
Hey, I have been using 'AppLock' password manager over years.
The qualities I like about this app are listed below:
  • It is very fast.
  • You can set different passwords in every apps.
  • It also provides feature to change keypad buttons raandomly.
  • Using this app you can set multiple passwords like Finger print, Face lock and Pin lock
  • It also gives excellent features to recover password, Incase you have forgot it.

frederickalliston

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
Hey folks,

If you have numerous passwords, managing them can be a daunting task. But it has to be done because, in today’s world, it is a must that you set up unique passwords and change them regularly to safeguard your online data.

A great password manager helps you to keep the confidential login information under a tight wrap and also allows you to focus on your work. The best password managers come in free and paid versions and you may go ahead and choose as per your preference, paying capacity, and requirement.

The best password managers are as follows:-

Last Pass: -
It is a brilliant password manager and it offers both premium and free services. You get an option to import the saved login information (Login IDs & passwords) from the browsers like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge once you generate a master keyword. It then helps you in deleting the confidential information from your computer. There are several features offered by Last pass free version that includes multiple identities, two-factor authentication, auto-fill feature, and free credit monitoring.

The premium version offers to sync information between the mobile devices and desktop, additional options of authentication, and astounding tech support.

RoboForm: - It is another stellar password manager that has the plugins for all the major mobile apps for both Android& iOS and the browsers. Its free version is equipped with special tools that help in identifying the duplicate & weak passwords and also help in generating strong passwords. The free version of RoboForm does not allow the users to sync their passwords in multiple devices.

The premium/paid version of RoboForm allows round the clock tech support on priority, sharing of logins securely, and also the multi-factor authentication.

Dashlane: - It is a straightforward password manager that can help you to change multiple passwords on the numerous websites at just some clicks and allows the users with two-factor authentication only. It has the ability to safeguard essential information and notes in a secure manner. It also allows the sharing of encrypted passwords with the emergency contacts in case you face issues with your account. It also allows you to safeguard your passwords within an encrypted vault locally.

Dashlane also allows the users to reset the passwords without going away from the interface.

1Password:- It is another amazing password manager that is armed with some nice features. One of its USP is the service of notifying the users about the ongoing website breaches, secure sharing, user-friendly interface, trustworthy password generator. It has a digital wallet and that can keep the information pertaining to your credit cards, logins, network passwords, and sticky notes.

1Password is extremely confident about their security system to the extent that they can pay $1, 00,000 to the person who can break the security system.

Keeper Security password manager: - It is one of the best password managers available that can be scaled up as per the requirement. It offers different solutions for the family, enterprise, personal & business use. Keeper security offers the options of secure file storage and two-factor authentication to safeguard your information. It also offers an option of version history so that you can restore the previous records in case something goes wrong. Keeper Security allows the emergency password access to the five different contacts of yours.

Additionally, Keeper security also allows you to keep Driver’s license numbers, passport info, and other important records apart from other information.

There it is! These are some of the best password managers that you can select as per your preference, budget, and requirement.

Oct 26, 2020
i was looking for a password manager for my less important online accounts, newspaper, shopping etc. i don't trust managers since my passwords are uploading their server.

i kept my passwords in a password protected usb.
since it is on computer there is always way to lose them.

then recently i found one. Passcal
in the beginning i thought its a password generator but its not. its generating specific and complicated password from given words-numbers or special characters everytime. its not storing password or keyword anywhere. simple. it worked perfectly on my offline notebook (for crypto transaction purposes).
i think this one is good for to strengthen memory passwords.

rgd1101

Don't
i was looking for a password manager for my less important online accounts, newspaper, shopping etc. i don't trust managers since my passwords are uploading their server.

i kept my passwords in a password protected usb.
since it is on computer there is always way to lose them.

then recently i found one. Passcal
in the beginning i thought its a password generator but its not. its generating specific and complicated password from given words-numbers or special characters everytime. its not storing password or keyword anywhere. simple. it worked perfectly on my offline notebook (for crypto transaction purposes).
i think this one is good for to strengthen memory passwords.
and when that service go off line?

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
I use lastpass almost since their beginning. However, I do use the browsers password manager for sites like forums, newspapers, comments sections or anything that does not require credit card info that I use daily. I do not like staying signed into lastpass all the time since it has banking, shopping and other important sites that could be abused if I am not around and forget to sign off.