Solved! What cable and/or converter do I need to get from my Kogan TV SPDIF out to my Bose 3.5mm in

Sep 19, 2019
The Kogan TV has poor quality sound so I would like to connect it to the Bose. None of the outputs on the Tv seem to match any inputs on the Bose. Could you please let me know what I need to buy to connect them. Please tell me the full name, not acronyms, as I don’t know what they all mean. Also, will a cable suffice, or do I need a converter. Many thanks if you can help.

Solution
You will need a Digital to Analog converter.
Check the TV audio menu to see if it can be set to output in PCM stereo. If not then you will need one that can accept a 5.1 input. You may have to turn the digital output on and the TV speakers off to get it working.
You will need a digital cable (either a single coax with RCA plug) or optical (toslink) depending on which kind of SPDIF output your TV has and an analog audio cable with 2 RCA plugs on the converter end and whatever connector (3.5mm stereo or 2 RCA) the Bose uses for analog audio input.
Check the TV audio menu to see if it can be set to output in PCM stereo. If not then you will need one that can accept a 5.1 input. You may have to turn the digital output on and the TV speakers off to get it working.
You will need a digital cable (either a single coax with RCA plug) or optical (toslink) depending on which kind of SPDIF output your TV has and an analog audio cable with 2 RCA plugs on the converter end and whatever connector (3.5mm stereo or 2 RCA) the Bose uses for analog audio input.

Reactions: Helen A-W
Solution
Sep 19, 2019
t
Many thanks for your reply which is perfectly clear. I have checked and My TV does have a PCM option. I'm searching online now for a converter and matching cables. Again, thank you for sharing your expertise.

Last edited by a moderator: