Question What can i do to get them to fix this

Ronzo 61

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
I purchased a Dell Precision 7750 Laptop on the Dell.com Website on June 6, 2020. The computer arrived on June 26, 2020. The computer in question worked fine until Dell released a BIOS update that throttled the CPU down to 0.8 Ghz. I contacted Dell Pro Support about this and they instructed me to restore an older BIOS to correct the problem. I did as instructed (dell support walked me through the process) this appeared to fix the problem until I booted the system the next day, it then went into a loop of upgrading and downgrading the BIOS. Dell sent service techs. To repair the system but it was too no avail. The Pro Support department determined a replacement system was required. The order for the system was placed on Aug 8, 2021 went into production on Aug 20, 2021 and shipped on Aug 27, 2021, I have still not received the system it is Sept 30, 2021. I was informed yesterday I was told by the rep was going to file for a replacement system. This would be ridiculous as one has already been filed for and approved and built and have to wait another 2 to 3 months for the system.

mrmike16

Honorable
I purchased a Dell Precision 7750 Laptop on the Dell.com Website on June 6, 2020. The computer arrived on June 26, 2020. The computer in question worked fine until Dell released a BIOS update that throttled the CPU down to 0.8 Ghz. I contacted Dell Pro Support about this and they instructed me to restore an older BIOS to correct the problem. I did as instructed (dell support walked me through the process) this appeared to fix the problem until I booted the system the next day, it then went into a loop of upgrading and downgrading the BIOS. Dell sent service techs. To repair the system but it was too no avail. The Pro Support department determined a replacement system was required. The order for the system was placed on Aug 8, 2021 went into production on Aug 20, 2021 and shipped on Aug 27, 2021, I have still not received the system it is Sept 30, 2021. I was informed yesterday I was told by the rep was going to file for a replacement system. This would be ridiculous as one has already been filed for and approved and built and have to wait another 2 to 3 months for the system.
All you can do is wait and bother them when it takes too long. Tell them to give you a date that it will arrive by. You might even end up getting two Precisions. Considering their cost, that is certainly not a bad thing.