What can I remove from a new computer (bloatware, etc.)?

teegar

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hello, I bought the Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3, which arrived a few days ago. I have already got rid of some bloatware like WildTangent games, Acer games, Norton trial etc. My question is: what else ca I remove? Stuff like Acer Evernote, cer PicEvermore, Acer fastlane. Also, stuff like the Windows Video app takes up a lot of space, and it seems to just be a store, so could I get rid of something like that? Thanks.

teegar

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
pic.png

poc.png

pac.png

teegar

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
As for apps, I have these ones that I'm thinking of deleting:

Acer Crystal Eye
Acer Explorer
Music
Video
Acer Evernote Touch
Acer StumbleUpon
Acer Cloud
Social Jogger
Reader
Dolby Demo
Dolby Profile
Cyberlink Media Espresso

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
You have both Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers. Is that computer using Optimus?

Seemingly other than Acer Crystal Eye, you can get rid of the stuff that you listed AFAIK, but to be honest, it doesn't look like it's all taking up much space. If you're not going to use it, then sure, get rid of it, I'm just saying that I don't think that it'll make much difference in storage capacity or performance unless a bunch of that stuff is trying to run when it shouldn't be.

teegar

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thanks

It does have Optimus, yeah. I'll probably leave it all then, if it's not going to make much of a difference either way. Cheers.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I am personally lazy when it comes to this now days and I just disable them from autobooting. Go into MSCONFIG and disable the ones that don't need to autoboot from there. It also serves a secondary function of making sure you don't get rid of something you might need or cause other problems when you get rid of it.

Than when I get around to it I usually just wipe all that annoying stuff off the computer. It saves me a headache of dealing with the new computer bloat.