Solved! what do i do about this virus. or what its even called.

Nov 28, 2021
I know this is gonna sound dumb but one day i tried downloading a hack for game and i immediately noticed something weird, it kept auto opening chrome when i wasnt doing anything and trying to get me to sign into my account. A few days later my friend dm'd me saying that there was a new video on my yt and so i checked and there was 2, the same exact video but they were warzone hacks (not the game i tried getting some for) so i deleted it and went into my email and it said that Stekeblads was granted access to my account at an unusual time and i know it wasnt me cause i was at school at this time. Me and my friend are thinking that it is an info grabber virus but im still not sure. i immediately changed a bunch of passwords and put 2 auth and went on yt and searched up how to remove a virus, and i tried this thing called a tron script that you run and it should delete and clean up your pc but today again im noticing that there is security things popping up in my email from across the globe. I now am debating to just factory reset my pc. Is this a good idea? Will this affect my pc at all? should i do something else? please help ASAP!

Solution
I would do a clean reinstall of WIndows. This will delete everything so make sure you have a backup of your data (which may already be contaminated with a virus....) and you will need to reinstall most programs. Use ANOTHER computer to make a boot USB stick so there is no way the virus can impact what you are doing. Here's a helpful writeup. Obviously you need to be careful about downloading executables (or anything for that matter) from the web. Anti-virus will NOT detect everything. Using current version of Windows (10 or 11) with all updates is also important. You will also need to go to the manufactures website for your machine and download updates and support software from there. Any BIOS updates are important...
I would do a clean reinstall of WIndows. This will delete everything so make sure you have a backup of your data (which may already be contaminated with a virus....) and you will need to reinstall most programs. Use ANOTHER computer to make a boot USB stick so there is no way the virus can impact what you are doing. Here's a helpful writeup. Obviously you need to be careful about downloading executables (or anything for that matter) from the web. Anti-virus will NOT detect everything. Using current version of Windows (10 or 11) with all updates is also important. You will also need to go to the manufactures website for your machine and download updates and support software from there. Any BIOS updates are important.

https://www.howtogeek.com/714130/how-to-install-windows-10-from-a-usb-drive

Solution
No single antivirus is always the answer, If you look at virus test results run by various testers, you will see this is unfortunately true. New viruses appear all the time. Downloading sotware from questionable sites or even, sometimes, reputable software can infect your machine. A single software author can easily write a new virus that no anti-virus can detect until it happens to be tested by a development lab. In other words, I could write a virus today and infect machines until someone with the proper knowledge and tools "discovered" it and included its signature in the anti-virus updates. Antivirus software will be forever behind the curve.