What does "Au/Ca Model" mean in reference to a Samsung TV?

dustinhunt78

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
What does "Au/Ca Model" mean in reference to a Samsung TV? I have found a really good deal on the TV that I want, but I am afraid that there is something to that au/ca model. could someone please explain what that means? Thank you in advance

Solution
A or M = AU Optronics, T, U, or W = Samsung, and H = Sharp. Optronics is a cheaper manufacturer. It will probably have worse contrast, colour reproduction, brightness, viewing angles, image quality etc. not sure what Ca is but maybe Chimera?

Matt Batchelor

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
A or M = AU Optronics, T, U, or W = Samsung, and H = Sharp. Optronics is a cheaper manufacturer. It will probably have worse contrast, colour reproduction, brightness, viewing angles, image quality etc. not sure what Ca is but maybe Chimera?

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

Ah yeah the panel manufacturer list. If you had included the other listings I would have got it. I have a 55' Samsung TV with a TH02 panel meaning Samsung made S-PVA. The Samsung and Sharp made panels are generally recognized as the best with the Samsung panels having that color 'pop' Samsung TVs are known for and the best viewing angles.

The AVS forums should have a thread on whatever the particular model is and they generally have a panel list in those threads.

D

Deleted member 217926

They were for me as well. I spent a good 2 or 3 months studying up before I bought this TV I have now. I found the AVS forums to be the most help overall.

verieze

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015

If it's a really good deal this is probably a fake model offered by online retailers in a bait and switch scheme. Lately they have been using "AU/CA" at the end on there bait units.