1920x1080

4.Hard Drive?
500GB+

5.RAM?
8GB

6.Processor?
i5 or i7**

7.Graphics?
Nvidia 860+ (Nvidia for Steam OS availability )

8.Battery Life?
Minimum 2 1/2 hours, going to be plugged in most of the time so it's not a huge issue

9.Color?
Black/Silver

10.OS?
Windows 7 (i know it’s a pain but so is Windows 8, MIGHT go for Windows 8 if the laptop fits all other specifications), maybe adding Steam OS at a later date.

11.Use?
Gaming*, Youtube, Work (Google Drive), Maybe streaming

12.Intended length of use?
Long as possible (depending on future budget and increase in technology quality)

13.New or used?
Preferably new, maybe used

14.Residence?
South Australia, Australia

15.Websites considered?
Metabox.com.au
Dicksmith.com.au
Msy.com.au

*Games that I play to play are (mostly) Team Fortress 2 and (rarely) Warframe
**I’ve heard that games can be run without a problem with i5 but I would like to be sure about this

Overall, I need high FPS and reliability on a low-medium budget. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions as this will be my first gaming laptop to myself and i am quite excited. I thank any and all readers and responses. I also base my choice on look, it's why I included color (sorry!).

theclouds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
It sounds like you are looking for a desktop replacement for gaming. There is a huge market for the portable gaming market:
http://www.xoticpc.com/ or http://www.falcon-nw.com/

Some considerations:
You'll be sacrificing battery life which I understand is important for laptop users. The additional heat generated may also affect the life of the components as well. Some of my clients opt to use an external cooling pad - not one plugged into the USB of the laptop because that would just generate more heat. There are plenty of USB to outlet adapters on the market.

Branding:
I stopped looking at branding ages ago. My priorty is first spec, price, then warranty. Some people like to switch the last two.

Edit: I just saw your mention of color preference. There are plenty of color options at the vendors I listed.

Gaunern

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014

Thank you for replying, but I am in Australia and both websites suggested do not ship overseas. I will look into a desktop replacement though and I hope it will narrow my search.

Gaunern

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014

Thank you, I will consider this option before buying.