What Gaming Laptop

JJBellaschi

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
1. What is your budget?
$1400
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-15 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1440 (QHD/QHD+) or hopefully 4k (UHD) but 4k may not be viable---If no laptops available 1080 (Full HD) is fine I guess but 1440 is the sweet spot.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need it pretty portable.
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 5 hours of constant non gaming use (I don't care that much about this as I will have it charging while I'm on it usually)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Crysis
GTA 5
COD
CS:GO
Battlefield Series
Witcher 3
Far Cry
I will be playing at mostly 1080 (I want 1440 for my non-gaming use) hopefully high settings. I need at least 60 fps for CS:GO and Cod. And nothing under 30 fps. Anything under a gtx 1060 will probably not work (maybe 1050ti but 1060 is definitely preferred).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Mostly just watching videos, movies, social media, basic stuff. The gaming aspect is the only intense thing I will be using my laptop for.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 1TB. I prefer to have some type of ssd as well. The best combo I found was 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD....but as long as I have both and it adds up to 1TB, it will be fine.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I have looked at many options but I am not sure so I will leave it up to you to find out.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3 years. I need some future-proofing and the laptop has to be well made.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need any in particular.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Like- Anything but mac
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like 16GB of DDR4 RAM. And also an intel core i7 (seventh gen is preferred)

Solution
www.xaoticpc.com you can sort by video card and pick from there. There are really no bad models there and you can customize any of them with the drive configuration you want.