What headphones are similar to the Bose SoundTrue around-ear for music?

Solution

try Audio Technica Pro700mk2 or audio technica ath-m50. these are quality headphones and mich cheaper than sennheiser or bose. both of them are closed back design, very minimal sound leak. they also provide very accurate sound. if you are into bass that much go for the ath pro700mk2 or ath pro500mk2 but if you are looking for crisp sound balance go for the ath m50. you will not be disappointed with those headphones.. try searching the reviews in google for both headphones and if you can find a store wherein you can test them it will be better. when you hear the quality of those headphones you will never go back to senns and bose. trust me

niekdbgc

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Budget is everything cheaper than the bose one.
Music: Pop but also stuff with good bass. For example: Vigiland - UFO
I wont be using it for serious gaming. Minecraft is the only game im planning to play and i dont care about its sound in game.

niekdbgc

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Well in my country we have euros. But SoundTrue costs 180 euros, so thats about 200 dollar. It doesnt have to be that much cheaper, around 100-150 dollar (90-133 euros)

Ellensar

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Would you prefer open or closed headphones?
Open headphones usually have a better soundstage but leak a bit of sound outside. So if you're blasting music, the person next to you and him will be able to hear the melody of it, while you can also hear the outside environment.
Closed headphones don't provide as great a soundstage, but they are better at isolating your music and you won't hear the crowds around you.

If you listen mostly at home or in isolated areas, I'd definitely get the open headphones, otherwise closed headphones is just as great in loud environments.

niekdbgc

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Im always at home, in my room, with the door closed when listening to music. And they're not very very loud. So open, then.

Ellensar

Honorable
May 24, 2013
For a little over $150, I'd go for the Sennheiser HD598. If there was a way for you to test them out, definitely give it a go. The bass has a bit of a punch to it and they're quite comfortable.

donrich10

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

try Audio Technica Pro700mk2 or audio technica ath-m50. these are quality headphones and mich cheaper than sennheiser or bose. both of them are closed back design, very minimal sound leak. they also provide very accurate sound. if you are into bass that much go for the ath pro700mk2 or ath pro500mk2 but if you are looking for crisp sound balance go for the ath m50. you will not be disappointed with those headphones.. try searching the reviews in google for both headphones and if you can find a store wherein you can test them it will be better. when you hear the quality of those headphones you will never go back to senns and bose. trust me

Solution