What high-end ultrabook?

caapac

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Hi,

I need a new laptop for school and light audio production. I've been running a desktop for the last couple of years and need a laptop for its portability. The laptop would become my only computer.

I'm willing to spend a good amount on it, but I do expect it to last 5-6 years. I don't need any crazy power out of it.

I want something with 13-14" screen that is reasonably think and light, looks good and is well built.

I've been looking at Macbook pro 13, XPS 13, thinkpad T470s and asus zenbook 3.

What would you guys recommend? Should I go with mac or PC?

Solution
I got myself the MBP 13 without touch bar about 3 months ago after using windows for my whole life. MacOS is honestly just so much better than Windows. You get used to it fast and it comes with a bunch of useful free software (iWork, Garageband, iMovie).
The optimization on it is also just amazing.
It stays cool to touch under any normal loads like watching a video or movie/browsing internet/multitasking, only when you start doing something really power demanding like gaming or rendering will it heat up and start the fan which most of the time stays off.

MBP 13 vs XPS 13 comparison: https://youtu.be/s0a20YVsEwQ

Finstar

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
MacBook Pro 13 all the way.
Best trackpad there is, best speakers on a laptop, great resale value, no windows, great battery life, great build quality, color accurate and sharp display, etc...

caapac

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Thanks for replies!

I don't need much processing power and my budget isn't exactly unlimited either.

Windows is not a must, I'm sure I'd get used to OS X in no time.

So macbook pro 13, XPS 13 or X1 carbon.

Finstar

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
I got myself the MBP 13 without touch bar about 3 months ago after using windows for my whole life. MacOS is honestly just so much better than Windows. You get used to it fast and it comes with a bunch of useful free software (iWork, Garageband, iMovie).
The optimization on it is also just amazing.
It stays cool to touch under any normal loads like watching a video or movie/browsing internet/multitasking, only when you start doing something really power demanding like gaming or rendering will it heat up and start the fan which most of the time stays off.

MBP 13 vs XPS 13 comparison: https://youtu.be/s0a20YVsEwQ

Solution