What is an MEI driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenshindono

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004
Does anyone know what the heck the MEI driver is? I googled it and i think it stands for the windows management engine driver (wheres the I fit in?) but i cant seem to find out what the heck it is/does. This is for a Sager Laptop. Specifically the Sager NP8651/clevoP650se

I'm installing my fingerprint reader drivers from disk now that my external BD drive arrived and this was one driver i never bothered putting on the system since i didn't know what it was/did. Do i need it? What does it do? I never bothered with intel rapid storage tech either but for some reason thats on my computer now. I think windows 10 put it on by itself =P

Solution
The Intel Management Engine Interface (Intel MEI, previously known as HECI) is the interface between the Host and Intel ME. This interface is exposed to the host as a PCI device. The Intel MEI Driver is in charge of the communication channel between a host application and the Intel ME feature.

So yes, install it for optimum performance and device compatibility and features.

das_stig

Distinguished
The Intel Management Engine Interface (Intel MEI, previously known as HECI) is the interface between the Host and Intel ME. This interface is exposed to the host as a PCI device. The Intel MEI Driver is in charge of the communication channel between a host application and the Intel ME feature.

So yes, install it for optimum performance and device compatibility and features.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.