What is the best $400 bang for the buck camera?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

passion4tech

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
I am having a hard time choosing which camera to buy. I really need help guys. Please help me choose which camera to buy. Out of all these 8 Cameras, which camera is the best for me? The P610, WX500, HX90V, A5100, FZ200, DMC-GF7, SX60 HS, or the S9900? Which of these 8 cameras is the best in low light? I do not like a lot of noise in low light. I want a good camera to take pictures and record video for vlogging. I am looking for a camera with a tiltable/swivel screen or articulated LCD for selfies, shoots 1080p 60p video, has great low light performance with little noise in low light, and that costs $400 and under. I need help finding more cameras that are better than these 8 cameras. Maybe these 8 cameras that I found are not good enough and there are better cameras out there that I have never heard of. It seems like the cameras with the larger zoom like the P610 struggle in low light. While the cameras with the smaller zoom like the A5100 are much better in low light. Why are cameras with smaller zooms better in low light? Is zoom important when it comes to cameras? I do like to zoom at far away things, but maybe zoom is not as important as larger image sensor and a wider aperture.

What is the best bang for the buck camera that has all the features I want for $400. The best $400 bang for the buck camera. I would like camera recommendations from you guys. Which of the 8 cameras would you guys pick? The P610, WX500, HX90V, A5100, FZ200, DMC-GF7, SX60 HS, or the S9900? The only problem I have with some of the cameras like the A5100 is the small zoom. I do like to zoom at far way objects. Does anyone have anymore camera recommendations? I would like someone to tell me cameras I have never heard of before that are similar to these 8 cameras.

Maybe there is a great $400 bang for the buck camera with all the features I want. I would probably have to buy a used camera, used cameras are cheaper. I won't ask for "best" low light camera because the best usually is more expensive. Decent low light performance is cheaper. So what camera has decent low light performance? I would like more camera recommendations please.

passion4tech

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

Thank you. Now What is the best $400 bang for the buck camera? Maybe there is a great $400 bang for the buck camera with all the features I want. I would probably have to buy a used camera, used cameras are cheaper. What camera has decent low light performance? I won't ask for "best" low light performance because the best usually is more expensive. Decent low light performance is cheaper. So what camera has decent low light performance? What cameras would you guys pick out of the 8 cameras? Again, I would like some more camera recommendations please.

passion4tech

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

So the FZ200 is the best bang for the buck camera? The FZ200 has decent low light performance. Decent low light performance is good enough for me. So you're saying the FZ200 has better low light performance than the large zoom cameras P610, WX500, HX90V, SX60 HS, and the S9900? I am not including the smaller zoom cameras because they have way better low light performance.

The features you want are pretty much mutually exclusive, and come from a misunderstanding of what photography is.

Go buy a cheap camera for now, learn what photography is, and then you'll see that you're just insulting people with those questions. Content>pixel peeping, subjects> features

passion4tech

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

Ok one last question, you said the FZ200 is one of the top two choices. What is the 2nd choice?

The first choice was the Sony which you have now said will not work for you and the second choice was the FZ200. This is frustrating because you are asking a question I had already answered when I narrowed it down to two choices.

passion4tech

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

I apologize kenrivers, I know this is frustrating. I just want to make sure I buy a good camera so that I won't get disappointed. I don't want to get a bad camera. I trust you kenrivers, I know now the FZ200 will not disappoint me. Thank You for helping me buy a camera. Today I will buy the FZ200. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.