what is the hardware dependency for each software process?

sadab0

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
i want to know what hardware affects the speed of these processes.........
-antivirus/antimalware scans
-web browsing (other than the internet connection ofc [i have 50/50])
-game loading times
-video rendering (converting file type mostly)
-app loading time

every forum i visited so far had no clear explanation or just didnt have the thread dedicated to the specific process

Solution
Antivirus scans: Mostly the CPU because a lot of files are being analyzed for malicious data, but hard drive speed is also a contributing factor. An SSD will probably scan quicker than a HDD because the files being scanned can be read at a higher rate.

Web browsing: If you have trouble web browsing, then you need a whole computer upgrade, it is very mild. The interpretation of the HTML, CSS, and Javascript is all CPU though so that's most important for browsing, or if you have a hundred tabs open RAM is a vital factor.

Game Loading: Hard drive speed

Video rendering: Need a strong CPU and a lot of RAM (no less than 8GB, 16GB recommended)

App loading: Hard drive speed

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
Antivirus scans: Mostly the CPU because a lot of files are being analyzed for malicious data, but hard drive speed is also a contributing factor. An SSD will probably scan quicker than a HDD because the files being scanned can be read at a higher rate.

Web browsing: If you have trouble web browsing, then you need a whole computer upgrade, it is very mild. The interpretation of the HTML, CSS, and Javascript is all CPU though so that's most important for browsing, or if you have a hundred tabs open RAM is a vital factor.

Game Loading: Hard drive speed

Video rendering: Need a strong CPU and a lot of RAM (no less than 8GB, 16GB recommended)

App loading: Hard drive speed

Solution