What is the security key my laptop keeps asking for? I entered the one from my cell that I am using free wifi

Jlamont

Commendable
May 1, 2016
I'm trying to find the network security key my laptop asks for. I entered the one from my cell that I'm trying to get my free Wi-Fi from.

Solution
If you mean you want to share the free amount of data you get every month, you need to create a Hotspot in the phone's settings - with or without a password - then let the laptop can cnnect to the network the Hotspot creates.

If you're going to use the laptop in a public place, set a password only you will know.

My concern is that the laptop will soon eat through that free data and run up a large bill
If you mean you want to share the free amount of data you get every month, you need to create a Hotspot in the phone's settings - with or without a password - then let the laptop can cnnect to the network the Hotspot creates.

If you're going to use the laptop in a public place, set a password only you will know.

My concern is that the laptop will soon eat through that free data and run up a large bill

Solution