What kind of computer should I get for some gaming with a DVD player/burner?

Mr Espinoza

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
Hey TomsHardware community!

Ok so I've been looking around everywhere but haven't really found a good laptop for me. I want a good laptop where I can play some games like Minecraft, maybe DayZ? I really just wanted a good working laptop that will work for a good while and for a good price.

I'm in the market for a great laptop, here's what I am looking for.

1. What is your budget?

$700 and under

2. What is the size of the laptop/notebook that you are considering?

I was thinking around a 15 inch screen, but if its a good computer I'll go higher or lower.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

I would like a good resolution with a good fps and good all around

5. How much battery life do you need?

Bigger the better.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Low-Med-High is what I am looking for, Id like to play Minecraft a little, maybe a little DayZ, nothing big like Cod Ghosts or BF4. I have a gaming system for that

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Web browsing, watching movies and videos, burning discs

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Bigger the better.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I'm open to any website.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as I can

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I want a DVD drive which can watch movies and CDs but can also burn DVDs and CDs

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I'm open to any brands.

13. What country do you live in?

United States.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Thanks everyone for helping me find a great laptop!

Mr Espinoza

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
The Asus x550 LB looks like a great and amazing computer, might buy that one, any ideas of ones that are cheaper as well? I want to get a good price ranging from $500 to $700

Mr Espinoza

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
Yea your right, the ASUS looks like the best, but how many USB ports does it have? Does it have Bluetooth? I can't see anything about that, after looking at these imma go up in pricing range