what laptop do i NEED for gaming

eva020100

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
Im looking to get a new laptop, because of space a desktop is not a option. I want to be able to play mmo's like swtor and eso on high to max graphics. what processor and graphics card and ram do i need to be able to do this without issue or overkill either.

I have a twin 780 SLI (25% OC) desktop with 4.6 GH 4770k. When I have time t play MMOs, I play on my lappie. A 15 or 17" screen w/ i7-4810MQ or i7-4700M is more than enuff and as much GFX as you can afford. I'd grab a custom built Clevo 150SM-A (15") or 170SM-A (17")

NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 860M 4GB GDDR5 Memory $0.00 (base Price)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 870M 6GB GDDR5 Memory +$150.00
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 880M 8GB GDDR5 Memory! +$450.00

8 GB is minimum but 16 will only cost ya +$90

eva020100

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
no real budget anything under 3000, im just trying to figure out what i actually need in a laptop versus what i want lol. i was looking at a dual 780 32 gb ram 4900 processor but i know thats overkill. im just trying to figure out what i actually need to play these games on high settings

Ah.... forgot to give ya the link to find them.

First .... a bit about Clevo..... they made Alienware laptops until Dell bought the company. They still make all the lappies sold by the high end boutique shops but rather than pay sky high prices there, you can buy them direct from the local distributor.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/91510-clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-reseller-info.html

CLEVO is a large Taiwanese computer company specializing in laptops. While the Clevo brand name is perhaps not widely known, their products are re-branded and sold by known boutique brand OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)… notably Sager, VoodooPC, Falcon Northwest, Eurocom, etc. They are also considered (by whoever knows about notebooks) to design and manufacturer the best of the best notebooks in terms of superior build quality and innovative designs.

http://www.lpc-digital.com/notebooks.html