What laptop for me

OlgaPawlak

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
My budget is up to £800 for a new laptop but preferably would get a used one for cheaper
Size doesn't matter
I don't know what resolution I would need.
I would like it to be a portable desktop.
2 hours of battery at least
Would occasionally play games like Star Stable medium settings
Minecraft low settings
Mainly would use it for drawing in Ps, Krita, would consider starting some 3d stuff and animating.
At least 500 Gb HDD
I don't have a preferred site to buy it from
I would like to have this laptop for a good 4+ years
Any brand except Dell Latitude because the reviews about them sound bad.
I live in UK.

Would a Lenovo IdeaPad 100 15IBD be good for what I want to do?

Tia.

Solution
8 hours of battery life for average daily usage (no games) is a pretty high requirement. Most laptops cannot do that. There are no Lenovo consumer oriented laptops that can potentially at least 8 hours of battery life. However, some of the Lenovo ThinkPad business laptops can do that with an extended 9 cell battery such as the ThinkPad T470. Also, do not rely on the battery life as stated by the brand since they are usually over optimistic, you need to read laptop reviews. Apple is the only brand where the claimed battery life is consistently pretty close to what reviewers have found through testing.

The only laptops off the top of my head that can get about 8 hours of battery life or a little more are the Dell Inspiron 7000 series...
8 hours of battery life for average daily usage (no games) is a pretty high requirement. Most laptops cannot do that. There are no Lenovo consumer oriented laptops that can potentially at least 8 hours of battery life. However, some of the Lenovo ThinkPad business laptops can do that with an extended 9 cell battery such as the ThinkPad T470. Also, do not rely on the battery life as stated by the brand since they are usually over optimistic, you need to read laptop reviews. Apple is the only brand where the claimed battery life is consistently pretty close to what reviewers have found through testing.

The only laptops off the top of my head that can get about 8 hours of battery life or a little more are the Dell Inspiron 7000 series, Dell XPS 13 and Dell XPS 15.

Solution

OlgaPawlak

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017

Thanks, I'll definitely read the reviews and check out the laptop you have linked.