What should i reinstall after restoring my PC

Edinson Cabral

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014
So recently i restored my PC which uninstalled pretty much 80% of all the programs i had, both that i downloaded and that came with the PC when i purchased it. No problem, the PC left a list of all the things that were uninstalled on my desktop. The thing is that the PC runs just fine without all the programs that came pre-installed with it.

The only difference that might or might not be due to not having all the programs there anymore is that when i play League of Legends (PC game) the FPS stays in the 40s and i have VSync on. For those who don't know what VSync is, it basically just matches the FPS of the game to the refresh rate of you PC display (monitor, screen etc.). Prior to the restoration, while with the same in-game graphic settings i would VSync to 60 FPS. I don't know if this is due to some missing programs that increases display refresh rate or something.

Also, my Fn key is always on and i can't figure out how to run it off. I tried finding information on this and ran into "press ctrl+fn+NUMLK, but that didn't work. Restarting my PC don't fix it as it used to prior to the restoration either. Anyways...

I have a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200.

The programs i am debating whether or not i should re-download are:

Akamai NetSession Interface, Akamai Technologies, Inc
DTS Studio Sound DTS, Inc. 1.02.4100
IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x64
IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x86
Intel(R) C++ Redistributables on IA-32 Intel Corporation 13.0.089
Intel(R) C++ Redistributables on Intel(R) 64 Intel Corporation 13.0.089
Intel(R) Management Engine Components Intel Corporation 9.0.0.1310
Intel(R) Processor Graphics Intel Corporation 10.18.10.3345
Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Intel Corporation 12.8.2.1000
Intel(R) Update Manager Intel Corporation 2.3.1338
Intel(R) WiDi Intel Corporation 4.0.18.0
Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.(R) AR81Family Gigabit/Fast Ethernet Driver Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. 2.1.0.13
Realtek PCIE Card Reader Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 6.2.9200.29053
TOSHIBA Application Installer TOSHIBA 9.0.1.5
TOSHIBA Audio Enhancement Toshiba Corporation 2.0.15.4
TOSHIBA Desktop Assist Toshiba Corporation 1.03.08.6402
TOSHIBA eco Utility Toshiba Corporation 3.0.0.6406
TOSHIBA Function Key Toshiba Corporation 1.1.0002.6401
TOSHIBA HDD Protection Toshiba Corporation 2.5.0002.64002
TOSHIBA Password Utility Toshiba Corporation 4.0.5.0
TOSHIBA Quality Application TOSHIBA 1.0.8
TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator Toshiba Corporation 3.0.01.55004008
TOSHIBA Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player Toshiba Corporation 1.2.11.1
TOSHIBA Service Station Toshiba Corporation 2.6.8
TOSHIBA System Driver Toshiba Corporation 1.00.0032
TOSHIBA System Settings Toshiba Corporation 1.00.0007.32003

Can i get some information on these things and whether or not you think i should re-download it? As i said, the PC is running just fine without them. I don't know what is causing the game to run at 40 FPS, or what keeps making the Fn Key lock up, but other than that everything else is just fine.

Solution
Hi,

Just to make sure all driver has been installed properly go to Device Manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation mark on the devices. If there are you need to download and install those from Toshiba Support site.

Here's the link for Toshiba support site: http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=1200005515

And mostly you'll need to download and install your Intel drivers as well because i'm seeing a lot of them from that list.

Here's were you can do automatic download and install for those Intel drivers.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
Hi,

Just to make sure all driver has been installed properly go to Device Manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation mark on the devices. If there are you need to download and install those from Toshiba Support site.

Here's the link for Toshiba support site: http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=1200005515

And mostly you'll need to download and install your Intel drivers as well because i'm seeing a lot of them from that list.

Here's were you can do automatic download and install for those Intel drivers.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Solution

Edinson Cabral

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014

Thanks dude, i went through the Device manager and checked for updates on ever driver and like half a dozen downloaded updates. I also went to the intel website and downloaded the update manager or w.e and got the updates. i wish the Toshiba website were more like Intel when it came to updating drivers. I haven't gotten any driver updates from their website, because i don't know what it is i actually need.