What to do after putting in new ram sticks

May 13, 2019
Hey. I am installing new ram sticks and was wondering what I did when I turn my computer on to make it work. Do I have to go into bios or not. Can anyone could send me a link, video, or tell me the steps to take to make sure it works. Thanks

Saga Lout

Olde English
If the system opens up properly after putting in new or extra RAM, there're nothing more to do except check in Control Panel>System to check that the figure is correct.

You can also bring up a Run box by right clicking on your Windows square and R at the same time. In the box, type msconfig and hit the Enter key.

Under the Boot heading, you can make sure all the cores of your CPU are in use at boottime and that the maximumum RAM is also in use.

May 13, 2019
If the system opens up properly after putting in new or extra RAM, there're nothing more to do except check in Control Panel>System to check that the figure is correct.

You can also bring up a Run box by right clicking on your Windows square and R at the same time. In the box, type msconfig and hit the Enter key.

Under the Boot heading, you can make sure all the cores of your CPU are in use at boottime and that the maximumum RAM is also in use.
Would this be the same as installing a 3.0 USB.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 2
C Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 3
G Laptop General Discussion 2
Y Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 1
oathmark1 Laptop General Discussion 18
A Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 2