Solved! What to do when Lenovo Ideapad is stuck on logo?

Apr 5, 2019
Yesterday I was doing a driver booster update and it kept turning the wifi off and then the wifi logo wouldn't appear so I stopped it. Today I went and did the update and it worked perfectly fine then when it finished installing it does an automatic reboot and that's when I noticed it wasn't moving from the logo screen with a buffering loop. So I turned it off turned it back on and it still didn't do anything but give me a message that Windows didn't start correctly so I tried to fix it automatically twice. It still didn't work and went to the same logo screen again. So on my third attempt I went under advanced settings and tried to restore it when it said it'd take a little over an hour for it to check disc drive. So I waited and it prompted me to the screen to restore it from before the update I did that and waited for it to move when it took me back to the windows didn't start correctly screen. I waited for a while but nothing changed so I shut it off and haven't touched it since. What should I do?

Solution
While those driver programs seem like a good idea, they are not always so good when they install updates that may not be for your system. While I am not saying this 'is' the cause, it likely didn't help matters.

Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will load? If not, I would try that first. The instructions are below. If it will start up in this mode, then you should look to use "System Restore" to restore the computer to a point prior to the changes you made and see if this resolves the problem.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will...
While those driver programs seem like a good idea, they are not always so good when they install updates that may not be for your system. While I am not saying this 'is' the cause, it likely didn't help matters.

Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will load? If not, I would try that first. The instructions are below. If it will start up in this mode, then you should look to use "System Restore" to restore the computer to a point prior to the changes you made and see if this resolves the problem.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Solution