What to Expect from Nintendo Switch in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedderman

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Still no Netflix, still no virtual console, still no browser, still no media player. I'm hugely disappointed in the machine. Sure; "it's a gameconsole first"...but it's too big to be portable, it's too small to be impressive. Yet we hear all these impressive sounding numbers. 10 million units sold already...not so impressive as PS4 numbers in it's first year, SO many games in it's line-up...most are remakes or retro nonsense. (I'm not saying graphics make the game...but making the graphics deliberately weak to impress hipsters is rediculous).
But we take it all...we gobble it all up. But I think nintendo has waited too long with Virtual Console. It could have been hot! Find a way to port the games we all already bought on other systems (wishfull thinking, I know). But they waited to sell more mini-snes systems...makes sense. But, "oops", people have found a way to put 300+ snes roms on the device! Better yet; get a raspberry pi and get all games on it for free!
I bought the system waiting for it's full potential to bloom, and I've been a good boy about it. But I'm done waiting and have found better alternatives. The switch is a wii-U 2...in the wii-u there was room in the console for a larger battery, for maybe a wifi reciever. The wii-u wasn't done developing yet...they just burnt the bridge before it was finished and gave it a new name.

julesbadguy

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

While others complain, the rest of gamers are having a ball with the Switch. Anyone that actually owns this product will tell you: Mario Kart or Skyrim. Zelda or Doom. Odyssey or Xenoblade. In 9 short months this versatile Console has been pure joy. As a Gamer with a PS4 Pro and a killer PC, Nintendo delivered. 2018 and beyond look to be even better.

lithalean

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Game Lineup:
Nintendo currently only supports the Unity game engine. Unity is without a doubt the best 3D game engine on the market, and for high graphic games is almost a necessity.
2D on the other hand is different. In my opinion, GameMaker Studio 2 is the best 2D game engine on the market, and is perfect for the switch. If GMS2 would get support, then the Switch would immediately get games such as Hyperlight Drifter, and Deaths Gambit.
Hardware:
I'd like to see a Switch 2, but with the same form factor and just upgraded internals right in time for Christmas 2019 or 2020.
Entertainment/Media
First, I own an iPad, so my streaming needs are different. Although, Netflix, and a media player like VLC (multiple codec , and .x265 HEVC support) should really be a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.