Question WHATS BETTER HDMI OR OPTICAL CABLE FOR MY SAMSUNG SMART TV AND LG HOME THEATER

Either will produce the exact same quality of audio.
You only need one.
If your LG has a disc player built in then you will need the HDMI cable anyway. ARC was designed to eliminate the need for an additional cable to get sound from the TV to the HTS.
The other potential advantage of using HDMI-ARC is that it may allow for some control of the HTS from the TV such as turning on the TV will turn on the LG.
Both the TV and HTS have to support ARC for it to work. If usually has to be turned on in the TV menu. Sometimes you also have to turn the TV speakers off to get it working. Check the TV and HTS manuals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Log8 Streaming Video & TVs 1
4n7h0ny02 Streaming Video & TVs 1
ikkkkkkkk Streaming Video & TVs 1
Z Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 11
L Streaming Video & TVs 14
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
abdabra Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
U Streaming Video & TVs 6
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question What is wrong with my PX2710MW monitor?
Question My TV only sometimes turns on, what should I do?
Question what to do when seeing white fuzzy screen
Question Does anyone know what might cause this?
Question Have no idea what I need to cut the cord
Question Not sure what I need
Question What am I doing wrong?
Question New home has 2 ethernet sockets in every room with wires leading back to a central point. What to do with the 2nd connection?
Question how watch movies what I buy on microsoft store but on diferent media player if that is posible.
What do I need to connect a bose solo 5 soundbar to a samsung series 6 HDTV? Where is the optical cable output on the Samsung
I have not optical input in my tv but do for home theatre what should I do
Boze bluetooth headphones will not pair with telme attached to the optical audio out of Samsung smart tv. What to do?
My tv has optical input but my soundbar didnt have optical connection and it has only rca what to do
What do I do if my haier tv doesnt have an optical outlet to hook my sony sound bar up
My LED TV has Audio Digital Out and my sony stereo system has CD Optical out. What cables do i need to connect them for enhan
What can I do with fiber optic 50mb?
Samsung Soundbar Has Optical Cable and RCA HDTV Does Not. What are my options?
LG TV only optical audio out, want to connect headphones. What do I do?
What if I have a different kind of receiver which doesn't have the neither the ARC or the Optical Audio Cable option? How can
What if I don't have an optical port on my TV?

ASK THE COMMUNITY