whats SEO optimization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I 've got a blog, which contains certain keywords. I've been hearing about SEO optimzation

1. Does SEO mean raising the rank of search result of a particular website in search engines so that it would catch the eye of people more easily??

2. A lot of people are saying they offer to do this. What are those people actually doing? Doesn't search result rank depend on
the number of visitors click??

Reactions: imalibaba23
Solution
SEO is Search Engine Optimization.

A good part of SEO is choosing the right keywords so that your target audience can find you. It won't prioritize your site over others, just make it more likely that people looking for what you talk about will find you nearer the top. Once they find you and click through, that gets tracked and will start ranking you higher.

They can't get you the clicks side of moving you up in listings, but they can help you have the right keywords to at least show up in the first couple pages of a search engine.

I a not a professional at this, so if I am wrong, please correct me.

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
SEO is Search Engine Optimization.

A good part of SEO is choosing the right keywords so that your target audience can find you. It won't prioritize your site over others, just make it more likely that people looking for what you talk about will find you nearer the top. Once they find you and click through, that gets tracked and will start ranking you higher.

They can't get you the clicks side of moving you up in listings, but they can help you have the right keywords to at least show up in the first couple pages of a search engine.

I a not a professional at this, so if I am wrong, please correct me.

Solution

Proofy

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

He said what you needed to know.. if you google SEO optimization you can find tutorials on how to do it

aila91

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website in a search engine's unpaid results also called as organic results.It is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of the traffic to your website SEO improves the ranking of website.The higher rank of a website naturally ranks in organic results of a search the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.

naresh_1007

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I would like to say SEO is a vast topic to comment on. Its not just restricted to rankings.
For initial understanding lets talk with reference to your questions.
SEO-Search Engine Optimisaton

1. Does SEO mean raising the rank of search result of a particular website in search engines so that it would catch the eye of people more easily??
Yes, SEO does that. Its the prime and basic function of it. The blog that you have prepared has certain keywords-are they targeted keywords i.e. will they reach to the audience you want to target with your blog? Doing so will make your blog rank higher in the SERPs. It again depends on the other factors too to get the visibility.

2. A lot of people are saying they offer to do this. What are those people actually doing? Doesn't search result rank depend on the number of visitors click??
There are SEO agencies which can startegise and help you rank. Those prople are actually doing the optimisation activities-onpage and offpage- such that the search engine will rank you. The SEO will give you visibility and let the visitors click. This popularity will add to the rankings in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.