Whatsapp Win10 32-bit issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

glynf91

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Whatsapp works on Win10 64-bit but not 32-bit. It used to until a recent update. Now all I get is a big black square on the screen :??:

Solution
Hi Petrossa,
I am not so stupid that I would have tried to run the 64-bit installer on a 32-bit OS - I've been "playing" with computers since the days of CPM and DOS2.0, have gone through all the iterations of windows and also toyed wiith OS/2 for a while.

While I appreciate the benefits of 64-bit architecture, I really do not want the b@ll-ache of having to rebuild the machine and reinstall all the apps that are in use, some of which won't run on 64-bit so I'd have to install a VM to run them.

If WhatsApp has released a 32-bit installer then it should work and they would be helping the user community by having a little bit of support out there.

Petrossa

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
You would need the 32-bit version. 64-bit software can never run on a 32-bit platform.
Having said that, it is time to upgrade your 32-bit version to 64-bit (by purchasing a new license/copy).
Going forward you will be running into this issue with more and more software since 32-bit these days is a dwindling platform.

glynf91

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Hi Petrossa,
I am not so stupid that I would have tried to run the 64-bit installer on a 32-bit OS - I've been "playing" with computers since the days of CPM and DOS2.0, have gone through all the iterations of windows and also toyed wiith OS/2 for a while.

While I appreciate the benefits of 64-bit architecture, I really do not want the b@ll-ache of having to rebuild the machine and reinstall all the apps that are in use, some of which won't run on 64-bit so I'd have to install a VM to run them.

If WhatsApp has released a 32-bit installer then it should work and they would be helping the user community by having a little bit of support out there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.