When i charge my laptop my touchpad dont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
i have problem , i have a fujitsu amilo pa1510, and the old charger was broke so i buyed a new one , one universal (like the old one that i had) and when i plug the charger the touchpad stops working,aand when i take it off it works great.

please tell ,me what can i do.
i am a girl and i am not very good at computers.
thank you in advance

Twoboxer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Sounds like some kind of grounding issue.

Anyhow, I assume you are plugging your new charger into the same wall outlet in the same way you had successfully used your old charger, when the touchpad worked. (That eliminates some other change causing the problem. If not, please try to plug in the charger in exactly the same way you did when the touchpad worked.)

Are there any switches/settings on your UNIVERSAL charger that need to be set? Are they set correctly for your laptop/power, the same way as your old one was?

If it still fails, the problem is either your charger, or your laptop developed a problem when your old charger failed. The only way for you to debug that is to try the laptop with a different charger, perhaps at the store you bought it from.

G

Hello,
i have problem , i have a fujitsu amilo pa1510, and the old charger was broke so i buyed a new one , one universal (like the old one that i had) and when i plug the charger the touchpad stops working,aand when i take it off it works great.

please tell ,me what can i do.
i am a girl and i am not very good at computers.
thank you in advance
Same problem with ASUS F5RL, the new charger's output voltage wasnt right so i buyed "Trust notebook power adapter" at 9V 3,42A and the touchpad works fine now.

G

:eek:
your charger is faulty so get a new one or your mouse is damaged..

Adarsh Singhal

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014
I've also experienced the same problem. By debugging through my friend's laptop & charger, I concluded that the problem is with charger. Your charger either incompatible with your laptop or becomes faulty. So, the solution is change the charger.

assassin4201

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
I just had the same problem to and it was making me mad when I played diablo 3....I found a solution. One just distant the laptop from the power supply while.it is plugged in...the closer the laptop is to the power supply of the charger it messes up. I googled it and found the answer. Tried it my self it works. Just thought I.could help since I found an answer good luck

Ripsaw

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014

All of these things work for me. I recently replaced my charger and everything should be good, but this one issue. My guess is it must be a shielding issue on the charge cable. The pointer works even better when I charge the laptop and unplug it. Go figure!

ewui

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
Bizarre, that worked for me. Pulled the laptop 6 inches further from the socket and put the brick on the floor, and works fine.

TinkBelle

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014

Hi! Thank you so much! Was having the same problem, and read your answer--it works!!

Thank you soooooo much!

TinkBelle

Status
Not open for further replies.