when i plug in my new seagate1 TB hard drive to my acer laptop then it is not showing me the disk in disk manager but is sho

Harsh_24

Prominent
Feb 11, 2017
when i plug in my new seagate1 TB hard drive to my acer laptop then it is not showing me the disk in disk manager but is sho

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi there Harsh_24,

I assume that the drive is not recognized by Disk Management but by Device Manager. Am I right?

If this is the case, my suggestion would be to attach the drive to another computer and see if it would get recognized by Disk Management. That way you will be sure if there's something wrong with your computer or the HDD itself.

In case the issue persists, then there could be something wrong with the drive. It may be a good idea to contact the place you got it from.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi there Harsh_24,

I assume that the drive is not recognized by Disk Management but by Device Manager. Am I right?

If this is the case, my suggestion would be to attach the drive to another computer and see if it would get recognized by Disk Management. That way you will be sure if there's something wrong with your computer or the HDD itself.

In case the issue persists, then there could be something wrong with the drive. It may be a good idea to contact the place you got it from.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

fennie999

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
Hi... D_Know_WD,

i have a external hard disk which is not detect on my pc. i have try Disk Management & Device Manager, but also cannot detect my hard disk. wonder still got any solutions which can help me? (the data inside external hard disk is important for me) thanks

Fennie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 4
cookiealexd123 Laptop Tech Support 0
JoeMcFly Laptop Tech Support 2
live_neutral_ground Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6
T Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 9
A Laptop Tech Support 1