When im pressing my on /off key the lights below the laptop turns on but nothing comes on the screen. It was working yesterday

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 10
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Solved! My Lenovo ideapad 100-15 when you press power button goes straight to sleeping mode
what should i do if my lenovo laptop is not turning on. when i pressed the power button on it working normally until lenovo is
Asus N56VZ Laptop screen won’t turn on, after pressing Power button.
Acer E5-471G won't start up when I press the power button but indicates with a blue light.
I pressed the power button for 30 seconds and it didnt power on
My Asus x553ma won't turn on when the power button is pressed. Howecer the power and charging lights come on. It has a non rem
my lenovo laptop doesn't turn on the are only lights that come on the third 1 doesn't turn on when I press the start button I
I dont know what happened. I can't turn on my laptop now. The lights are not blinking if i pressed the switch on button. My la
Toshiba Laptop: Lights are on, keyboard presses makes beeps and the screen has a typing bar.
I pressed the power button.The light and fan was working.No sign on screen and nothing happen.What happened?
My sony vaio laptop is showin led power light if pressing a power button.But as soon as u depress the button the power led swi
My dell laptop have a trouble in starting.while pressing power button the battery light flashing white and orange light.4 time
No Lights on Laptop and Doesn't Do Anything When Power Button is Pressed
Asus laptop touch screen won't turn on when I press the power button the keyboard lights Flash and that's it
Brand new laptop won't turn on. Keyboard lights blink once on pressing start button.
my toshiba laptop is charging , when i press the power button, the charging and the power light turn off and wont start my lap
Laptop wont'start up when power button is pressed
asus laptop K53S. got lights for a second when pressing power button then they turn off..need help..
my brand new acre aspire laptop won't switch on. when you press the power button nothing happens, no fan no lights nothing. ex
I press laptop button to turn on .its shows lights on buttons but no light on lc

ASK THE COMMUNITY