Where Can You Still Buy a PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I can wait. I waited 2 years when the 360 came out after the RROD debacle to make sure it was fixed before I bought one. I can wait another 6 months for the ps4. by then a lot of the bugs on the interface should be fixed and they will prob be widely available.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
if you hunt them down in a store and ask about shipments often in these days, sure you might get lucky. but those who dont want to waste their time and gas on useless trips to the store are definitely better off waiting. If you cant wait an extra month for a console that'll be around for the next 5 years(at least), then damn...

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I am just wondering why they are so scarce. The XB1 uses a chip from the same company on the same process node so it shouldn't be an issue of supply. It could be yield issues since the PS4s APU is more complicated but still it is interesting to see them having such short supply a month after release.

Kazhi

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
They are scarce because the demand is higher for the PS4 and it is launching in more places overseas still so Sony has to keep an eye out for those. Number last I knew were 2.1 million by end of November for PS4 and that was before launching it 7 other Asian countries and Japan next year.

Kazhi

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
They are scarce because the demand is higher for the PS4 and it is launching in more places overseas still so Sony has to keep an eye out for those. Number last I knew were 2.1 million by end of November for PS4 and that was before launching it 7 other Asian countries and Japan next year.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
(Quote) I am just wondering why they are so scarce. The XB1 uses a chip from the same company on the same process node so it shouldn't be an issue of supply. It could be yield issues since the PS4s APU is more complicated (Quote end)

Has nothing to do with that. SONY made more PS4s... People are buying more PS4s. Parents and some people will buy Xbones for Christmas, its a timing thing...

So with limited supply, its harder to buy a PS4. I'm getting a PS4... next spring, get a few more games and more bugs worked out... also less stress and work involved in picking one up.

There is NO way I'm buying an xbone. Still, find it interesting how SONY is able to make a much smaller and sleeker console that has its PSU on the INSIDE and more powerful, while MS looks like some cheesy 80's VCR.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Last week I went to my local Fry's to get a copy of the new Gran Tourismo 6 for my PS3. They had three PS4s available for purchase. Like some others have said here, I'll get mine next year after enough updates and patches and fixes are completed.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I am going to wait on the next version of PS4 which will be a few months from now. By then any issues would have been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.