Where do I begin to make an App for Droid?

MJDeViant

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I am mostly a graphics person but I am interested in dabbling on the other side of it. I have SOME knowledge of Flash scripting (probably not useful but might help that I am used to at least coding a little tiny bit) and have made a few websites(with CSS). I have read some other topics and I have downloaded the SDK and droiddraw. I also know that I need to learn Java basically (although there are apparently differences). My question is if anyone can recommend a good starting place. Like should I just get a java book (and which one you think is best, I happen to like the "Missing Manual" books myself) and just start learning it or is there maybe a better route. I know it is going to be time consuming and not easy as a rook but I'm pretty good with computers and I understand code quickly even if I can't fluently talk/write in it. Any tips would be great. I have a few ideas I want to try, one is just going to be too advanced to start with, so I 'm going to make a few easy/simple ones first. Oh yes, and this might not be my first post EVER (I think I had a different account here once) but thanks for the help in the past, usually about building my PC or some graphics issues.

MJDeViant

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

Haha, actually I already saw that before I posted here. Definitely an option with the one time fees IF I think I'm going to make money on it. I'd rather try it myself though.