Where has my internet gone??

DeborahSmithson

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Help! My internet seems to have disappeared from my Acer ES15 laptop (Windows 10) and I don't know why. I can't use Cortina. If I click on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc, nothing happens. Ditto with Acer care centre. When I click on the Microsoft Edge icon, it flashes up for a split second as though it's going to open, but then disappears. Can anyone help? I just want my internet back!

on newer laptops if your using wifi there now two ways to turn the wifi off. one is using the funtion key and another key to turn the wifif off and some newer laptops have on off switches on the bottom. check the led color of the wifi see if you turned it off.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Have you rebooted the computer? If so and same problem, might want to boot into safe mode and virus scan.

https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

on newer laptops if your using wifi there now two ways to turn the wifi off. one is using the funtion key and another key to turn the wifif off and some newer laptops have on off switches on the bottom. check the led color of the wifi see if you turned it off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop General Discussion 3
7 Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 9
H Laptop General Discussion 2
MysteryG Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 1
OhGod Laptop General Discussion 6
A Laptop General Discussion 2
Nakashije Laptop General Discussion 2
F Laptop General Discussion 7
oranges4sale Laptop General Discussion 0