Which Gaming Laptop For Me?

Stu87

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
Hey all. Recently my Asus G72gx gaming laptop has been showing its age, so it seems to be a good time to upgrade. Toms hardware always seems to have been the place to go to get good advice from people who are knowledgeable...so here goes.

Im looking for a gaming laptop in about the $1200 dollar price range. The things that are most important to me are a great screen, a solid graphics card and processor (Dosent have to be the best of the best), great sound/speakers as I do not use headphones most of the time, and a quality product that wont overheat on me.

Less important but things that would be nice are low noise (My current asus g72gx sounds like a 747 jet), light weight, and a blu ray player.

Other random questions:

Is intel or Amd winning the gaming processor war at the moment?

Is nvidia or ati winning the graphics card war at the moment?

Is Asus still the reliable company of old and a good option, or have other companies taken over for quality gaming laptops?

Any advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Ill be purchasing through newegg so any direct links to laptops would be awesome as well.

Thanks in advance

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Here's a decent build for your price range from IBuyPower:
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Valkyrie-CZ-28-Gaming-Laptop

Id prolly look at upgrading the harddrive in it tho. This site lets you pick and choose the $1219 is for the base model. You can customize how you please. PS Watch your price when adding more stuff to it LOL

As for the Asus being reliable company, yeah i'd have to say so i have alot of ASUS gear and seems to be kicking ass all the same as back in the day.