Which is better? Logitech z906 vs Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 & SW150 Subwoofer?

TheMattleHead

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
I've been looking at these two speakers and was wondering if anyone could tell me which is better? Right now the z906 is on sale at £150 so I didn't know which one to go for either the Logitech z906 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 & SW150 Subwoofer? Or another 2 Wharfdale satellites for about £150 and then the Sub.

This is for listening to Music mostly, but I do also watch movies and play a lot of video games. PC has a built in Sound card "SupremeFX Formula - Amazing 120dB signal-to-noise ratio with integrated 600ohm-headphone amplifier"

Thank you!

Solution
For music and movies the Wharfedale 9.1 and sub will definitely be much better. On games the Logitech might have an edge but not being a gamer I can't say for sure.
I don't think the 9.1 are self powered so you will need a 2 channel amp to drive them. The sub is self powered but doesn't drive the satellites only itself. A small digital amp would work but would add to the cost. The amp in your soundcard is only for headphones so won't drive speakers.
For music and movies the Wharfedale 9.1 and sub will definitely be much better. On games the Logitech might have an edge but not being a gamer I can't say for sure.
I don't think the 9.1 are self powered so you will need a 2 channel amp to drive them. The sub is self powered but doesn't drive the satellites only itself. A small digital amp would work but would add to the cost. The amp in your soundcard is only for headphones so won't drive speakers.

Solution