Which laptop, ASUS or Lenovo???

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi guys im going to choose between 2 computer and i need your help to choose which one is better... What has cons and pros about these laptops? PLEASE HELP!
I want durability, and which brand is most "trusted"

First laptop:
ASUS X501A
- Intel® Core™ i3-2350M
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- 320 GB HDD
- 4GB DDR3 RAM

Second laptop:
Lenovo Ideapad G580
- Intel Core i5™-3230M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 1TB HDD
- 6GB DDR3 RAM

I know that the lenovo laptop has much better specs on everything but the thing is i have purchased the Lenovo G580 and so far its great. But my main problem is that its getting warm underneath the laptop, and my AC adapter is HOT as hell that i cant even hold it... i'm afraid that its working now because its all new, but what about 5-6 months, i dont want it to become so hot that it overheats and shutdowns...

I own an ASUS too and what i loved with my ASUS is that its never getting hot thanks to the icecool technology. Alteast not as hot as this Lenovo G580.

So please which do you recommend???

Solution
They're both respectable brands. Asus is known for running rather cool and quiet; they simply have a good heat transfer system in place. Lenovo has good build quality; you may want to use software to monitor your laptop's (the G580) temperatures.

Also, power bricks always get hot, and the more demanding your system, the more output your adapter will be rated for (and thus, more likely, the hotter it will become).
They're both respectable brands. Asus is known for running rather cool and quiet; they simply have a good heat transfer system in place. Lenovo has good build quality; you may want to use software to monitor your laptop's (the G580) temperatures.

Also, power bricks always get hot, and the more demanding your system, the more output your adapter will be rated for (and thus, more likely, the hotter it will become).

Solution

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

Thank you for the answer... so you think its no need to return my G580 and buy the ASUS instead??
And which software do you recommend to monitor the temperatures?? And how much °C is normal for an laptop?? How many °C is the line when its getting way to hot of its range??

1. I like Lenovo, but only you can really decide that for yourself. Like you said though, the Lenovo has better specs. :)

2. HWiNFO is a very good utility for temp monitoring.

3. Idle temps should be right around 40 Celsius, give or take 5 degrees. If you're really taxing the system, then perhaps 75 - 85 Celsius. You're okay as long as you're within 90 C. If you're over that, it's getting a little too warm.

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

okey i downloaded the software you said and got this result.. i dont know where to check if its good or bad so maybe you could help me? :p

Here is the picture

SengenSoma5

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
i'd say you go for the Lenovo one, it defeats the asus specs in every aspect you mentioned (Processor and generation, HD Graphics generation, disk space, more ram)

while it is true that asus performs much cooler thanks to its ice cool technology, you can easily compromise that problem with lenovo using notebook coolers, ;)