Solved! Which laptop is a better choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2019
Hey guys, my friend is on a budget and he wanted to buy a laptop for work and leisure but also to game (overwatch, Minecraft, etc.), He's not really a hard core gamer, he plays casually. But he wanted to play some games with me. His budget is £500-650 around that mark and considering it's black Friday I did find a good price cut. Which is better between the two? Any advice or recommendations are welcome. And any thing I should know about these two would be highly appreciated. Really need some expert help on this. The laptops that I recommended to him are both Acer Nitro 5 (i5 8th gen on both, and GTX 1050), however one is 2019 and the other is 2018. But I need some help on the specs, I'm not sure which is better. Thanks!

1. https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...50-gaming-laptop-512-gb-ssd-10199732-pdt.html

2. https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...50-gaming-laptop-256-gb-ssd-10194184-pdt.html

Solution
on those laptop you'll also find fast NVMe SSD for storage and IPS Full HD Display. if your friend is not a hard core gamer this laptop is good enough or even overkill. you also get 8gb of RAM which is enough for daily use. if you want to get a gaming laptop for work and leisure. i advice you to think about its weight since you'll bring your laptop frequently. But, if you want some laptop with higher specs i can recommend some laptop for you

HP
HP Pavilion 15-bc550na
Better Processor.
ASUS
ASUS FX505DY
if you want different experience, you can consider to get some Ryzen. the performance is same as i5 8th gen as far as i know

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
on those laptop you'll also find fast NVMe SSD for storage and IPS Full HD Display. if your friend is not a hard core gamer this laptop is good enough or even overkill. you also get 8gb of RAM which is enough for daily use. if you want to get a gaming laptop for work and leisure. i advice you to think about its weight since you'll bring your laptop frequently. But, if you want some laptop with higher specs i can recommend some laptop for you

HP
HP Pavilion 15-bc550na
Better Processor.
ASUS
ASUS FX505DY
if you want different experience, you can consider to get some Ryzen. the performance is same as i5 8th gen as far as i know

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.