which laptop should I buy hp or dell?

noobgamer14

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
I'm going to buy a laptop soon so I need help which laptop should I buy my first choice is hp but my brother says I should buy dell so I'm asking you guys which laptop should I buy?. I want to play all latest and upcoming games like ac 4, unity. Comet. Batman arkham orgins. All of them. No problem for me to play games at medium or low settings. Most of all my budget US$700. And don't say I should built a desktop. And answer asap!!

PsycoCollie

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
Personally, I would go with hp. I supposed i m a bit bias as my dad works for hp. I have had a GREAT experience with hp. My hp dv6 has served me well for 4 years now from lots of abuse. I got it when i was 10, so it wasn't exactly the cleanest. My 70 pound border collie even stepped on it and the case cracked, and the lid is dented. It still works perfectly fine. You can't go wrong with hp. That's just my experience at least. You might try the envy series of hp. My mom has one and its awesome. Even though its out of budget, what ever you do DON'T BUY ALIENWARE. Yes, the lights may attract you to it, but the specs are pretty low for what you get. My dv6 ($600) has about the same specs as a $1100 alienware. I just looked at the dell prices and they seem a bit high. Currently hp is also having a sale so things are cheaper and you might be able to get something better. Just my opinion though.

noobgamer14

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
Code:

Well, thanks mate

LookItsRain

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Stay away from HP at all cost. The build quality is terible and the cooling setup and fan profile is very bad. Bought my HP laptop new and had to replace the battery and HDD within a year. I suggest lenevo or asus. HPs build quality has went down over the years.

PsycoCollie

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
LookItsRain,
When I read his post i answered the question, hp or dell. I would too recommend asus, I haven't personally had one myself but they have great build quality and specs for their price.

Krasniye

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Well honestly you have the same problem that people come when picking a cpu. You really shouldn't be saying "okay need a laptop. Hp or dell" paying for a brand is going to make you disappointed. Don't just pick a brand, look past the badge and focus on things like specs

LookItsRain

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
We are helping you, buying based on just brand is dumb. Like the guy said above, buy based on the specs first, and the check the brand. But for 700 dollars, your going to have trouble finding a good laptop for what you want. I cant give you a reccomendation on a specific laptop because they are so many out there, you will have to compare specs to see which is the best for your budget.

noobgamer14

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014

I know that but I have to get something man. I'm not saying that I want a laptop like alienware but I need a laptop for basic needs and I love to play games with a 2gb graphic card it can play half of the games. And thanks

LookItsRain

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
The amount of GB on a graphics card does not have anything to do with performence, the higher the number, the better in general. Nvidia 740m/840m is the best in the price range.

To add, i own an HP pavlion G6 with an i5 3210m and 7670m and this computer has been the biggest pile of shit ive owned.

TRENDING THREADS