Which laptop to buy?

Haniel Bitton

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
Hey Guys i need your help ,
First i will say this computer is going to be for gaming and software coding.

i have 2 laptops that i can buy :

the first is : Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70 5942-7921

The second : Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70 5943-3873

What do u think i should buy?
Or do u think i should try to go for other computer? if yes so which laptop?

i have a good desktop PC so please help with this two i should buy one tomorrow so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Solution
I would say that if you can afford the Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70 5942-7921, then you should go for it. That model has a quad core i7-4710HQ CPU while the other laptop has a dual core i5-4210H. For games that can make use of more than 2 cores the i7 can offer a little better performance. If the game only uses at most 2 cores, then performance will generally be the same. If you do something that is very CPU intensive that can make use of 4 cores likes video encoding, then the i7 will offer better performance.

The GTX 860M is a pretty good graphics chip for a laptop, however I am not sure if it is good enough to really make use of 4GB of VRAM. Using ultra high resolution textures will definitely drag down gaming performance a bit, perhaps to...
I would say that if you can afford the Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70 5942-7921, then you should go for it. That model has a quad core i7-4710HQ CPU while the other laptop has a dual core i5-4210H. For games that can make use of more than 2 cores the i7 can offer a little better performance. If the game only uses at most 2 cores, then performance will generally be the same. If you do something that is very CPU intensive that can make use of 4 cores likes video encoding, then the i7 will offer better performance.

The GTX 860M is a pretty good graphics chip for a laptop, however I am not sure if it is good enough to really make use of 4GB of VRAM. Using ultra high resolution textures will definitely drag down gaming performance a bit, perhaps to the point where gameplay is not smooth enough for your taste. If you are going to get the more expensive model, then it should be because you want the Core i7 CPU and not just the extra 2GB of VRAM.

Solution