Which Macbook pro suits me best?

ErikaT

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi

I am causal Lightroom user, may i know which macbook pro (15inch 2015, no touch bar 13, touch bar 13) is enough for me to do my work and will last for the next couple of years?

Regards

Since the touch bar is so new, nobody can tell your "wow, touch bar makes Lightroom 500% easier to use!" I don't even know if Lightroom has a new version taking advantage of the touch bar.

Is only my personal biased opinion, but at first glance I HATE the disco touch bar. Apple is moving away from simple and easy :(

grimakis

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015

I diagree. The question here should have nothing to do with the functionality of the touchbar. The real difference between these three laptops is under the hood.

For example, do you need 16GB of RAM? Do you need a Quad Core CPU for video editing. If so, the 15" is the only model suitable, touchbar aside.

Can you get away with a Dual-Core? How many ports do you want? Storage isn't upgradeable on the touch-bar models, so get what you need right away.

Basically, what is your workflow? For me, I would need the 15" with 512GB storage. I don't plan on upgrading until it's cheaper though.

If you can afford the 13" touch bar model then go for it. Overall it's worth the extra $ over the non-touch bar model.

Shemmi

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
What makes you say that it's worth the extra $ over the non-touch bar model? Are the specs much different?

grimakis

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015

Yes.

grimakis

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
I believe that this years Mac lineup is very overprices, starting from the 12" MacBook all the way to the top-end 15" MacBook Pro. However, if you want to buy a new Mac, I believe the value gets better and better the further up you go.

The biggest rip-off is the 12" MacBook, followed by the non-Touch Bar model.