which paid antivirus is best

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
technohyper -- I can't tell you which is best, it's a decision you have to make on your own :)

Specifically for paid or premium options, I'd actually answer with a question -- are there any must have features you're looking for?

Example being that all versions of Avast come with our nextgen protection (CyberCapture, Behavior Shield, etc. https://www.avast.com/nextgen). The paid versions offer additional layers of security (like Ransomware Shield) as well as additional features (Software Updater for example)

You could also start by downloading some free trials and exploring the features available, and ask questions from there!

umbraemsisoft

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017

There is no best antivirus because each of them have different features made for various types of users having different needs.
first you need to check what do you want from an antivirus:

- high detection.
- high prevention.
- ease of use and hassle free.
- performance.
- special features.
- fast and reliable support.

Once sorted, it will be easier for you to research and select some candidates, then you need to use their trial version for few days to see if one fit you better.

For example our Emsisoft Anti-Malware is oriented for all kind of users (beginners to advanced) focusing on efficiency via simplicity (no bloat features) while respecting the user privacy.

The final choice must come from you, not from others.

unclebun

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
I know self-professed computer nerds will all argue against this, but as owner of a very small computer sales/service company who has to do all support for customers and family myself, over 20 years experience has shown the best solution to be Norton Internet Security. Just don't do automatic renewal and buy it cheap each year around Thanksgiving (usually free after rebate). I get no repair calls or infection/malware calls from any of my customers who have Norton. Those who use free antivirus or "off-brands" are the ones always bringing their computers in for cleaning.

If you insist on using something else, best to make sure you have Malwarebytes anti-malware and Spybot Search and Destroy on hand to do your cleanups.